I’m fairly confident you guys know about my sweet potato obsession by now and if you don’t let me just tell you about. I freakin love sweet potatoes. I roast up a batch about every Sunday to add to my lunches throughout the week. They are an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C and additionally a great way to sneak in more dietary fiber into your diet. Plus they are just delicious.
This recipe, while named breakfast nachos could literally be eaten for any meal. The equation is simple- roast a pan of sweet potatoes and add toppings of choice! You could go breakfast style and crack an egg on top or you could top it with some shredded chicken for a more traditional nacho vibe. Or both! There’s no rules! The best thing is this recipe only requires clean up of a sheet pan an maybe a cutting board. So here we go!
To put in the oven
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn (or I used Trader Joes frozen pre roasted corn)
- 2- 4 eggs (however many eggs you want)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a head of romaine
- 3 Radishes
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1 Avocado
- Salsa of choice
- Other great options might be olives, jalapeño, guacamole, sautéed peppers, cheese loads of cheese, sour cream ect.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potato in a quarter of an inch rounds. Add to bowl with olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss till sweet potatoes are coated and spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Put sweet potatoes in oven and set timer for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile prep toppings chopping romaine, radishes and cilantro.
- Flip sweet potatoes at 10 minute mark. Add corn and black beans to pan.
- Crack eggs on sheet pan and continue to cook for about 6-8 more minutes until eggs have reached your desired level of cooked.
- Pull out of oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before add all the toppings you want!